FAS Mission to Switzerland
The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Geneva-based personnel are Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) employees working towards improved U.S. agricultural exporter participation in the Swiss market.
We represent U.S. agricultural interests to the Swiss Government in Berne, as well as promote the sale of U.S. food, fiber, fisheries and forestry products to Swiss citizens.
U.S. exporters interested in the Swiss market may use this website as a guide to learn more about:
- FAS Market Development Activities
- U.S. Exporter Assistance / Supplier Database
- Learn about the Swiss Agricultural Market at FAS Reports Database
Trade with Switzerland
Export/Import Statistics for Bulk, Intermediate, and Consumer Oriented (BICO) Foods and Beverage:
Travel to or from Switzerland
- For U.S. citizens traveling with pets to Switzerland: Pets
- For U.S. or Swiss citizens wishing to take Swiss agricultural products or pets to the United States: Swiss Pets or Products
- Important information for those wishing to send food gifts to the United States: Sending Food Gifts
Other Web Sites of Potential Interest
Mission to the World Trade Organization
As part of the U.S. Trade Representative’s WTO team in Geneva, FAS personnel monitor the implementation of the Agreement on Agriculture, the Sanitary-Phytosanitary Agreement, assist with acceding-member negotiations, complement U.S. Washington, D.C.-based staff in the development, presentation, and negotiation of U.S. Agriculture positions at the WTO, and provide a liaison between the WTO Members and visiting U.S. agricultural interests.