Foreign Agricultural Service – Geneva Office
FAS Mission to Switzerland
The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Geneva-based personnel are Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) employees working towards improved U.S. agricultural exporter participation in the Swiss market.
We represent U.S. agricultural interests to the Swiss Government in Berne, as well as promote the sale of U.S. food, fiber, fisheries and forestry products to Swiss citizens.
U.S. exporters interested in the Swiss market may use this website as a guide to learn more about:
- FAS Market Development Activities
- U.S. Exporter Assistance
- Learn about the Swiss Agricultural Market or doing business in Switzerland
Trade Leads – USDA/FAS Trade Leads Service is Available!
The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Foreign Agricultural Service has launched the Trade Leads service. Effective immediately, Swiss importers interested in U.S. food and agricultural products can request that the U.S. Mission produce a list of U.S. suppliers that can provide the products they seek.
Please click the link below and complete the form to receive personalized support from the U.S. Mission and a qualified list of U.S. Agricultural exporters that can meet your needs:
Trade with Switzerland
Export/Import Statistics for Bulk, Intermediate, and Consumer Oriented (BICO) Foods and Beverage: BICO Website
Travel to or from Switzerland
- For U.S. citizens traveling with pets to Switzerland: Pets
- For U.S. or Swiss citizens wishing to take Swiss agricultural products or pets to the United States: Swiss Pets or Products
- Important information for those wishing to send food gifts to the United States: Sending Food Gifts
Other Web Sites of Potential Interest
The most recent statements in reverse chronological order:
- USDA Joins Global Partners to Launch International Year of Soils
- United States, South Korea Streamline Organic Trade
- New Education-Nutrition Projects to Benefit 2.7 Million Children
- World Acceptance of Biotech Crops Continues to Grow
- Feb. 5, 2014 Press Briefing by Press and Agriculture Secretaries
- EU Market Will Retain Access to High-Quality American Beef
- U.S. Dairy Producers Renew Pact to Cut Greenhouse Gas Emission
- U.S. to Share Data on Food, Farm, Rural Issue
- U.S. Pledges Continued Support for Global Agriculture
- White House Press Briefing, USDA’s Vilsack on U.S. Drought
- Thermal Imaging Helps Farmers See Livestock in a New Way
- EU, U.S. Begin Streamlined Trade of Organic Products
- U.S. Researchers Find New Way to Stop Dangerous African Pest
- USTR Official at Hearing on Agricultural Exports to Asia-Pacific
- U.S.-Canada Partnership to Promote Agroforestry
- U.S. Food Aid Programs Assist Millions Worldwide
- USDA’s Aid Programs Will Feed Nearly 10 Million
- U.S.-EU Organic Equivalence Agreement
- Food Safety Modernization Act
Mission to the World Trade Organization
As part of the U.S. Trade Representative’s WTO team in Geneva, FAS personnel monitor the implementation of the Agreement on Agriculture, the Sanitary-Phytosanitary Agreement, assist with acceding-member negotiations, complement U.S. Washington, D.C.-based staff in the development, presentation, and negotiation of U.S. Agriculture positions at the WTO, and provide a liaison between the WTO Members and visiting U.S. agricultural interests.