Issued by the 20th APEC Economic Leaders’ Meeting
September 9, 2012
APEC Leaders issued a Declaration at the conclusion of the 20th APEC Economic Leaders’ Meeting in Vladivostok on Sunday, revealing pathways to strengthen the Asia-Pacific region’s prosperity and leadership in the global economy.
2012 Leaders’ Declaration: Vladivostok Declaration – Integrate to Grow, Innovate to Prosper
The Declaration outlines APEC Leaders’ view on addressing the challenges and downside risks within the global economic environment, including financial markets that remain fragile.
During Sunday’s session, Leaders were briefed by International Monetary Fund Managing Director, Christine Lagarde.
The Declaration details steps for building on the progress achieved by member economies in realizing APEC’s 2012 priorities:
- Trade and Investment Liberalization, Regional Economic Integration
- Strengthening Food Security
- Establishing Reliable Supply Chains
- Intensive Cooperation to Foster Innovative Growth
Several annexes accompany the Declaration:
- ANNEX A. TOWARDS INNOVATIVE GROWTH
- ANNEX B. STRENGTHENING APEC ENERGY SECURITY
- ANNEX C. APEC LIST OF ENVIRONMENTAL GOODS
- ANNEX D. PROMOTING CROSS-BORDER EDUCATION COOPERATION
- ANNEX E. FIGHTING CORRUPTION AND ENSURING TRANSPARENCY
Leaders also welcomed the invitation from Indonesia President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono to meet in Bali in 2013.